Meet JoyWe're the people of Joy, a community of faith in Rockwall, Texas welcoming all into authentic relationship and joy-filled worship. Follow Us On Facebook
To joyfully share Jesus and ourselves with our neighbors.
We desire to be a joyful faith community where all are welcome and can experience the transforming love of Jesus Christ that has the power to change lives.
our passions & values
Who we are and what we care about as a faith community
We come together to worship God with excitement and gratitude for all God has done for us. We do this through energetic sermons, meaningful music
Vital Faith for All Ages
When God’s people are in need, we seek ways to give of our time and resources to help those with specific needs.
We serve our neighbor with no strings attached to create a better community and share the love that God has given us as a free gift.
We want Joy to be a place where all people feel welcomed and affirmed for who they are.
Growing Lasting Friendships
God comes to us through relationships with others. We not only hope you find relationships here but that you find lasting friendships to be with you in life’s journey.
Engagement in the Community
We want people in the community to know we are here to bring hope and joy into an often troubled world. We want to be part of the community rather than separate from it.
LOOKING AHEADThe truth is, God makes the plans and we do our best to follow. Here's what we believe God is leading us toward in the future.
- We will be a unique, vibrant Lutheran Christian community for the people of Rockwall and
- We will grow our faith formation efforts so that adults of all ages are deepening and strengthening their faith through adult education and Bible study.
- We will develop dynamic children and youth ministries where young people grow in faith for life through relational activities, interaction with Scripture and Lutheran teachings.
- We will enhance and grow worship through inspiring music, unique liturgy, relevant messages
andcreative visuals and arts.
- We will improve properties to the highest quality to accommodate creative ministry and be hospitable to the public, both inside and out.
- We will serve the community around us unconditionally and strive to meet immediate and
long termneeds of residents of the Rockwall area.
who we are
We are a Lutheran congregation who follows the Teachings of the North American Lutheran Church.
The NALC confesses the Triune God — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. In our preaching and teaching the NALC trusts the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe. The North American Lutheran Church understands itself to be part of the one holy, catholic, and apostolic church and holds that the Scriptures are the highest standard by which doctrine and practice are to be judged. It accepts the ecumenical creeds and the Lutheran Confessions as “true witnesses to the Word of God”.
The North American Lutheran Church holds to four core values that shape its identity and church life: “Christ-Centered”, “Mission Driven”, “Traditionally Grounded”, and “Congregationally Focused”:
• Christ-Centered: “We confess the apostolic faith in Jesus Christ according to the Holy Scriptures. We affirm the authority of the Scriptures as the authoritative source and norm, ‘according to which all doctrines should and must be judged’ (Formula of Concord). We accept the ecumenical creeds and the Lutheran Confessions as true witnesses to the Word of God.”
• Mission Driven: “We believe that the mission of the Church is to preach the Gospel and to make disciples for Christ. We believe that making disciples — in our congregations, in our communities and nations, and around the world — must be a priority of the Church in the present age.”
• Traditionally Grounded: “We affirm the ecumenical creeds and the faithful witness of the Church across time and space. We endorse the form and practices of the universal Church that are consistent with Scripture, particularly the office of the ministry and the tradition of worship under Word and Sacrament. We seek dialogue and fellowship with other Lutheran churches and with faithful Christians of other confessions.”
• Congregationally Focused: “We strive to be a church that is organized to facilitate the ministries of local congregations in a posture of servanthood and a spirit of partnership, through the provision of resources, connections and information.”
scriptures, creeds, & confessions
The NALC’s official Confession of Faith identifies the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (commonly called the Bible); the Apostles’, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; and the Lutheran confessional writings in the Book of Concord as the basis for our teaching. NALC congregations make the same affirmation in their governing documents, and NALC pastors promise to preach and teach in accordance with these teaching sources. This Confession of Faith is more than just words in an official document. Every Sunday in worship NALC congregations hear God’s word from the Scriptures, pray as Jesus taught and come to the Lord’s Table expecting to receive the mercies that the Triune God promises. Throughout the week NALC members continue to live by faith, serving others freely and generously in all that they do because they trust God’s promise in the Gospel. In small groups and at sick beds, in private devotions and in daily work, this faith saturates all of life.
teaching for a life of faith
This connection to all of life is the clearest demonstration of the authority that the canonical Scriptures, the ecumenical Creeds and the Lutheran Confessions have in the NALC. The Holy Spirit uses these witnesses to create, strengthen and sustain faith in Jesus Christ and the life we have in him. That life-giving work continues every day, as Martin Luther explained in the Small Catechism: the Holy Spirit “calls, gathers, enlightens and sanctifies the whole Christian church on earth and preserves it in union with Jesus Christ in the one true faith.”
#sharejoyIt's true. When we choose joy, then we share joy, it spreads.That makes the world around us a better place, and that is a high and holy calling. follow us on facebook
A faith community of the North American Lutheran Church.
302 N Goliad Street
Rockwall, TX 75087
We’re one block north of old downtown Rockwall. You can park across the street at the corner of Interurban and Goliad. Handicapped parking is available on both sides of the building. Enter Joy at the South or North entrances.